Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Social Awareness Contradiction



I feel that the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty sends a very powerful message to women who do not feel comfortable with their own body, the message is that everyone is beautiful in their own unique way and that they should be respectful and confident of their own body and be happy of what they have.

I think that the Axe Effect Campaign Ads are really funny and it really amuses me how much they would go to just advertise their own product. This ad doesn't really want to make me buy this product because I know that a billion girls running to you when you're wearing axe isn't going to happen in real life. This ad is pretty funny though and it will give you a few chuckles after you watch it.

It's really funny how the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty and the Axe Effect Campaign Ads are made from the same parent company but they are sending a totaly different message but i think that Axe can do what ever they want to advertise their product because if they don't, how will they make money out of it? Dove is sending a great and very meaningful message to the audience which is mostly women that they should respect their body and appearance and they also should realize that they are all beautiful in their own way.

3 comments:

  1. It's really funny how the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty and the Axe Effect Campaign Ads are made from the same parent company but they are sending a totaly different message but i think that Axe can do what ever they want to advertise their product because if they don't, how will they make money out of it?


    I agree with this. I think that everything is about money so axe can do what they want and dove can do what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it funny how the Dove Campaign and the Axe Effect Campaign were both from the same parent company. Both campaigns send totally different messages.I think Axe and Dove should advertise however they want because in the end, it's all about the money they're trying to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it was kinda funny. But I mean they only want money so it's not that surprising. I actually think there are alot of other companies out their who are like that it's just that we don;t know.

    ReplyDelete