Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is Taxing Pop Really a Solution?


I think that the scare campaign would be effective in some ways because when people see that commercial, some of them might be so disgusted that they will never drink pop again and some might just say "who cares?" That ad didn't really make me want to become healthier because I don't really drink that much pop anyways, the thing that makes me want to become healthier is so that I would feel more lively and energetic and it would also be good if I could live longer because life is to short, I only buy soda drinks like coke or sprite when they're on sale because they're cheaper to buy. I think that obesity is a major problem in our nation because there are over thousands of people who are unhealthy and obese in Canada and that they should try to exercise and eat healthier, I know I'm trying to exercise more and eat healthier. I wasn't really disgusted or disturbed by the video because my dad who studied nutrition already told me how much sugar are put into one can of soda and that it could be very dangerous for your health if you constantly drink soda. If the tax is accepted in America there would be a good chance that it will also be considered in Canada, and if it is accepted in Canada I think that I would just still wait for the price to drop to buy it because I'm not paying 4 bucks just for a bottle of chemicals mixed up with a lot of sugar, although they taste pretty good and I do crave them once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, but for myself personally, I felt as though the scare campaign did work. I was so unaware of how much sugar was in pop, it is quite disturbing actually. But yes, I do agree with you. I also will probably only purchase pop when it is on sale, once and if the new tax's begin in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they do not tax pop, cause that would be the end of the world for certain people. Taxing pop to these people might be like taxing video games on others, or taxing computer, or taxing something that you might love dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your statements, but I also think that the scare campaign was quite affective because how you would imagine yourself drinking all of that fat. I do believe that there shouldn't be any tax going towards pop and other junk foods. This does show how much these ads had impacted our society.

    ReplyDelete